While creating a React application from scratch, you’ll learn how to use Kotlin effectively.
What You’ll Learn
➜ Kotlin vs Java: What’s the difference?
➜ Kotlin vs Java: Which is better for android development?
➜ Leverage coroutines for simple codes with Kotlin/JS
➜ We recommend that attendees of this course are comfortable with Kotlin and React development.
Introduction to Kotlin for JS
- Expanding Kotlin beyond the JVM
- Differentiating the Legacy Compiler vs IR Backend
- Supported platform templates in IntelliJ
- JVM functionality not available in Kotlin/JS
- Deconstructing a simple Kotlin/JS project
- Working with the provided platform libraries
- Interacting with the DOM and Browser APIs
- Consuming Promise based APIs from Kotlin
- Acknowledging the external keyword
- Make use of the Any and dynamic types
- Auto-generating wrappers using dukat
- Examining the React DOM DSL
- Attaching standard and custom attributes to elements
- Writing class and functional components
- Naming components for debugging
- Use React Hooks and write custom hooks
- Using delegation patterns for state
- Writing DSL extensions
- Understanding RProps for React props
- The difference in functional components and extensions
- Leveraging coroutines for simpler code
- Understanding as and unsafeCast
- When to apply jsObject
- When to apply json
- Customising Webpack
- Testing Kotlin/JS code